Advertisement

Friday 24 November 2017

A CHINESE ENGAGEMENT EP 14 buried hate n born love-a novel


AT LAST LI GOT ENGAGED

Nofil was watching TV in his room when he saw Li coming back with his bag.


‘What a pleasant surprise dude! I was afraid that you would never come back after getting engaged,’ Nofil welcomed him.

‘Why didn’t you tell me, I would come to pick you and by the way very congratulations on your engagement,’ Nofil got excited to see Li.
‘Till last moment I was hoping for extension in my leave but it didn’t happen and I had to come back,’ Li sat on the bed.
‘How are all there? How’s Chen feeling now,’ Nofil asked him.
‘I can’t tell about now but she got perfect after looking at me in the hospital. Every one was laughing that she was just waiting for me to regain her consciousness,’ Li was in very good mood.
‘Very funny, Li. Someone was crying badly just 25 days before,’ Nofil laughed.
 ‘She is fine now. Her operation was done when I reached there as I have told you on phone. But she was still unconscious. Every one was worried for her,’ Li drank water.
‘It’s natural after any big surgery. It takes time to regain consciousness,’ Nofil commented.
‘No, it was not natural. She remained unconscious for more than usual time then there was an entry of a hero. Seriously it was too filmy. I went to her room, held her hand and confessed my love with crying eyes. I begged her to come back.

‘Chen please come back just for me. I’ll not let you lose again. Please Chen, forgive me and come back,’ Li repeated his dialogues with expressions.
chinese engagement
chinese engagement ring n envelop

‘My tears fell on her hands and she opened her eyes,’ Li’s face was red with mixed feelings of love and satisfaction.
It was clear that he didn’t have any burden on his heart now as he didn’t need to suppress his feelings anymore.
‘It’s true heavy hearts are like heavy clouds which badly needs to shower to clear their surroundings,’ Li became serious at end. Nofil was looking at a new and mature Li at that time.

MY MOTHER VS HER MOTHER IN LAW
‘Your mom would be so happy on your engagement,’ Nofil sat in front.
‘She was about to jump when I showed my consent. I must record that moment so that I can show her that video, when she’ll complain me about Chen after our marriage. Have you observed Nofil, the most suitable girl of the day changes into the most inappropriate daughter in law in the world after your son’s marriage?
‘Oh, you already have started to favor your upcoming wife. You’re afraid of mother vs. mother in law in future,’ Nofil mocked.
‘It’s not like that. I was just sharing the general observation,’ Li acted angry.
‘I’m happy for you Li, look when this filmy situation comes to my life. I don’t know when Anza will say yes’ Nofil also acted to sigh.
‘No one can ignore my dashing commando. She would be agreed soon,’ Li got up.
‘I think she likes some one else,’ Nofil looked confused.
‘You’re just getting dishearten, you’re in love with a spy girl so you should expect any thing uncertain,’ Li smiled and came outside Nofil’s room.
 ‘Umm…,’ Nofil checked his mobile after an e mail alert.
‘I directly came to you dude, I should go and should have some rest,’ Li looked at him.
‘Of course but we’re meeting on dinner and you’re showing me your engagement pictures,’ Nofil left him till door.
LI’S ENGAGEMENT PICTURES AND CUSTOMS
‘You missed my engagement but I’m telling you that I’ll not get married until you join us. Chen also wants to meet you. She thinks you are actual matchmaker on this earth,’ Li opened his laptop.
‘This is our family picture before the function. My mom, dad and me,’ Li turned the laptop towards Nofil. They were at the lawn of their club for dinner.  
‘Look Chen’s family welcoming us. They’re my father in law and mother in law.’ The next picture was in the beautifully decorated hall.
Most of the women wore traditional Chinese dresses with light jewelry and make up.
‘What is this?’ Nofil asked about the beautiful box in Li’s mother’s hand, which was very prominent in every picture.
SIN NA (DOWRY) OF LI’S TING HUN (ENGAGEMENT)

This box is used to put SIN Na (dowry). It is a four layered bamboo box which my family gifted to bride’s family as a tradition. We put eggs, noodles, fruits, chocolates and jewelry in the box,’ he specially showed him the box.
‘Its old tradition to bring this box with groom’s family,’ Li continued.

‘Its really beautiful and unique,’ Nofil praised.
At last Chen entered the hall in beautiful red dress.
 ‘And look I chose this Qipao (Chinese traditional engagement dress) for Chen. Isn’t it beautiful?’ he asked about the Chen’s beautiful long red dress in excitement.

‘Yes, it is,’ Nofil couldn’t understand what to answer.

‘Chen has become so weak and pale after the accident. It’ll take sometime to regain her health,’ Li became sad after looking those pictures. There were pictures of tea drinking ceremony and cake cutting ceremony. Chen and Li were looking very compatible with each other. Chen beautifully hid her pain through out the function. There were a lot of pictures at dinner when they both stopped when Nofil's mobile start ringing. 

CONFIRM BUT SADDEN NEWS ABOUT BILAL MALIK?
There was solid information about the location, activities, accounts and others about Bilal Malik. He was not a missing person anymore. A qualified computer engineer was about to unearth. Nofil tried to contact Anza on her secret number at once but he couldn’t meet the signals then he called brig. Bakhtiar.
‘It’s too disappointing. Anza would definitely upset after knowing this. I was already expecting this,’ he commented and put off the call.
'lets continue,' Nofil turned to see the other pictures when stopped, after looking and hearing the breaking news about bomb blast in Lahore, on big LED in the lawn. All people around got attended to TV. Grief and angst spread for victims of that blast......
to be continued





mistletoe plant growing on a tree
disclaimer: all characters are fictitious. any resemblance would be just coincidence.

Advertisement