Advertisement

Thursday 16 June 2022

ONE AFTER ANOTHER FOLLOW- TROUBLES MADE ME HOLLOW- A Poem by Saima Nadeem

 

 Plea of a Poor Country

A Poem by Saima Nadeem


One after another follow

Troubles have made me hollow

Can’t blame the luck thoroughly

It’s my people who suck horribly

Gave my best, without any rest

Taking for granted was a test

Tilled theories creep into souls

Poverty punch so many holes

Love deserves sole loyalty

Forget countrymen this reality

Let sloth seeking the shortcut

Corruption dwells in a weak hut

I was young, I was pure

They didn't deserve me for sure

Empty pocket, burdened loan

This is my present that horn

Embarrassment meet me daily

Can’t meet you the eyes really

My young looks at me angry

Desperate ask me for a remedy

Wouldn’t everyone puts the share

They ask me in a burning flare

Vows and commitments are sold 

Not a single gold bar is on hold

Who will take me out

A minister, officer or a trout


There is a limit to resilience

Wrecked is my persistence

Hard work is a key to success

Pull it out from the mess

English poems by Saima Nadeem





Advertisement