Advertisement

Friday 15 September 2017

WHY A SCHOOL GIRL CAN'T WEAR MODERN ON HER PARTY- Ep 1| MY GUILTY STYLE- a time travel story

EVERY ONE SAYS ME PAINDU

              ‘Please mama, let me wear a dress of my choice on this farewell. I want to go with latest trend, a stylish top and jeans. This is my last party in this school.’
‘I'm fed up of your repeating argument now. Zeemal, why don't you understand? You can't go up with modern but vulgar trends. Your Baba will get angry and by the way I think you look stunning and more beautiful in traditional dresses,’ Mama yelled irritate.
              ‘Last year, you said the same but I was looking so backward and paindu in that traditional shirt and trouser,’ Zeemal continued her argument.
‘That was very expensive branded shirt. Most of your friends admired you there. Many girls were in very decent dressing when I came to pick you,' mama paused for a while and continued again.
 'It was only you, who was staring at  few girls in sleeveless shirts and shots’ mama got furious this time.. 
 'You should be confident in yourself, style is what you carry out comfortably not to be a copy cat. It is only your own weakness, who allow others to bully you. Above all, the theme of your funfair is very inspiring, you should dress up according to that, no one will comment on you.’

             ‘I am not a kindergarten student who follow themes,’ Zeemal aapi said with watery eyes.

WHY YOU ADMITTED ME IN ELITE SCHOOL?
                         ‘I said no, then it means no.’ Mama turned to door to leave the room.
 ‘Then why you admitted me in such high class school if you can’t allow me to follow their status. I look paindu in front of my friends. You don’t allow me to paint my nails, to die my hairs or most of all I just wanted a pair of colored lenses and you denied’ Zeemal aapi screamed and started crying.
‘We sent you there for better studies, not to learn fashion. Its all is for your own benefit but you don’t understand it now.
'Then what about a loose top, jeans with a scarf. now you shouldn't be reluctant,' zeemal played her last card.
 Ok, but stop repeating 'paindu'. Paindu's are more self possessed than us. Remember, never get shy to own your real roots and traditions. Our religion doesn't allow a woman to roam about like starkers,’ Mama put down her weapons after a pause. 
'Yeah! you're great mom. Let me tell Arooj about this. What does she think that I can't carry a modern trends and Ifra... she'll get jealous of my style,' zeemal jumped up to grab her mobile. Her tears vanished at once.  

HELPING MOTHER IN KITCHEN- NO! 
                    ‘You always hang on the phone, if you have nothing to study, then come in the kitchen and help me. After that we can go to the market for your dress,’ Mama looked at her angrily.
‘Oh, I think I have a test tomorrow. I’ll check first. Inform me, when you will be free for the market,’ Zeemal hurriedly sat on the table and opened her notebook. Mobile phone was still in her hands and she was browsing new party wears for teen girls.
‘Nothing can be done with you,’ mama saw her desperately and came outside.

VIDEO GAMES ADDICTION
                         ‘I already knew that Zeemal aapi will convince Mama by crying, she always does that’ Hassan said to Murtaza when they were playing GTA vice city in TV lounge.
‘What you’ll wear tomorrow,’ Murtaza asked him.
‘I am more interested in money that I will get on funfair rather than dressing. You will see I’ll take 2000 rupees.  Mama is getting new dress for aapi and I’ll take the cash. Hassan was excited for funfair.

WEAR THE THEME
                    ‘I have bought a special dress according to the theme. I believe I’ll look like a real ottoman king,’ Murtaza looked more interested for the upcoming annual event in the school.
‘Close this cheap game at once, whenever I see you, your eyes are fixed on the screen.  Go and study, first term is above your head,’ mama reached the TV lounge.
‘Please mama doesn’t show Zeemal aapi’s anger on us. I have done my all work in tuition and now I’ll not study a word at any cost,’ Hassan responded angrily. He felt insulted at this sudden attack.

I WILL NOT STUDY, ITS MY PARTY
                     ‘Your careless attitude has trapped my nerves. Murtaza you are a good boy. Why are you wasting your time with this dumb?’ mama felt the presence of Murtaza there, whose eyes were fixed at the next level of that game.
        ‘The children of other families look more discipline and nice to every mother,’ Hassan replied loudly.
‘Absolutely, my mother has the same opinion about you,’ Murtaza replied in low voice and got up.
Hassan turned off the computer violently, ‘I’m telling you I’ll not study, as it’s our party tomorrow. I’m going to Murtaza’s house.’
‘Some time ago, the boys of your age went on wars, fought with enemies, worked in administrative positions even became successful kings. Now look at this you, sitting on a couch, eating junk food and destroying your energies in front of this new rival the internet. The people who have invented this computer, they themselves don’t play on it but use it for more payback and progress,’ she gave them a very serious lecture which straightly passed above their heads. They decided to go outside as early as possible.


Luckily Murtaza’s mother was busy with a client in her beauty parlor; they slipped to the room hurriedly and started their game again, but screen was showing the absence of internet.

NO INTERNET CONNECTION
                             ‘I don’t know what happened to it?’ Murtaza got up to check the modem, when his mother came inside,
‘I told you to write an Urdu page daily, otherwise your modem will be confiscated, I think you forget your low grades in language.’ She was at the door.
‘You can’t do this to me,’ Murtaza started to cry literally.
‘Shame on you, at the age of 13 you’re crying like babies and see the reason,’ she knew he could do anything to get his modem back. Now she uses this blackmailing off and on.

I DON'T LIKE URDU AT ALL
                     ‘I hate Urdu. Urdu should also be taught in English like all other subjects,’ Murtaza angrily took off his notebook and started to write roughly.
‘A paragraph of at least 150 words in neat writing,’ she left the room.

‘Look, doesn’t am I looking like an ottoman king.’ He wore the upper gown. Murtaza’s mood was pleasant after getting his modem back. 
'This cap is so funny, isn't it? Hassan took the cap and scroll it in the air.
‘Leave this and look for any reasonable dress for you otherwise I’ll not mind your old, smelly shots and T-shirt. After all a king should have a full time servant all around,’ Murtaza took off his royal cap from Hassan’s hea
d and put at one side.



ZEEMAL WAS READY
Next morning Zeemal was so excited in her new look. She wore beautiful, stylish top with skin tight pants. She got special look from Murtaza’s mother as she was a beautician. She properly wrapped her scarf and got in the car. Murtaza came out in fancy gown, khusas and red hat. He was actually looking the king of any empire. 
              ‘May our kids save from evil eyes,’ both mothers were being touching by looking at them. Murtaza’s mother kissed him in the middle of the street.
‘Mama, please, it’s done now,’ he got embraced and came out to the car.
          ‘These mothers are always unpredictable but cute indeed,’ Murtaza thought by looking at her mother who was waving to them till they disappeared from her sight.
‘Oh, I don’t believe you change your old stinking trousers. I think you took my comments at heart. Now who’ll look like my servant’ he smiled at Hassan, who wore new pants with a blue dress shirt.
‘Don’t talk to me, I’m upset……
TO BE CONTINUED
high lights of next episode:

  • zeemal will cheat her mother by changing her disguise outside her house.
click 'newer article' below for next episode and don't forget to 'comment'
disclaimer: all characters are imaginary. any resemblance will be coincident.

Advertisement