Advertisement

Sunday 25 November 2018

EP2:AN UNWANTED FLIGHT- Don't TO RING A BIRD? fusion stories

NOVEL: AN UNWANTED FLIGHT

CH #2

Bird ring will be with you guys


Houbara sneaked a look through a window of flat situated at 6th floor in building near Lake Baikal, Siberia. His guess spot on that Siberian crane was caged at one corner of wide room. That reporter girl and a young boy were busy with some screens and machines at other corner.



bird ringing fly routes over karakoram
birds migrating to east with bird ringing over karakoram mountains
‘I’ve to save my friend at every cost. I warned him about humans. They can never be faithful to any other species on earth. Look how this boy has trapped the crane. Oh my friend, how much he was excited to migrate towards east!

‘From Siberia to vibrant China, artistic Iran, cordial Pakistan, Afghanistan, India and yes U.A.E.,’ he recalled crane’s excitement about his trip. Houbara looked at the congregated coniferous trees and broke a little stick as it was his dagger to kill those humans to save his friends. Crane was still flattering its wings in a wide square coop up. He was not attentive to window at all.
Houbara tried to open the window heading that stick flanked by its rim.

METAL BIRD RING WITH TRANSMITTER AROUND LEG OR WINGS 



‘Wait is over, my friend. It was just the transmitter on this ring which acquired time to signal the satellite over Karakorum,’ that boy came closer to Siberian crane with a numbered metal badge or tag in his signal. ‘With abet of this bird ring, I can identify and track you anywhere you fly,’ the boy opened the cage and held cranes’ leg.


‘Whoo..whoop..,’ crane tried to resist.
‘It is not throbbing at all and you’ll get use to it soon,’ the boy circled that small ring along crane’s bony leg chatting very delicately.
 ‘Hey, leave my friend. I'll not let you feast with it,’ Houbara bastard flattered on window and grasped the attention of young girl in room.
‘Hi little Houbara, do you want something? Are you hungry?’ she slightly unbolted the window.
‘I’m not hungry of your leftover. If I find nothing over here then will fly on another side of this world,’ Houbara hurriedly enter inside and flapped his wings with papers on table.
‘Ay…why are you messing over here? Why you let it come in?’ the boy brought the net and after a little tug of war caught him too.
‘Oo..I think we should ring this Houbara too. He’s looking violent and grumpy. More migratory birds with bird ring mean; more specific observation to accurate results,’ the girl came closer to net and hurriedly moved back to the machines on table.
‘Hey Houbara what are you doing here?’ now the crane who was out of cage approached him and asked astonish.
‘I was fool to search you here. I warned you about humans. Look they imprisoned you and…,’
‘Wait. No one has imprisoned me. He just needed my help in their project. This boy Zain and his class fellow Yong are working on pathways, track ways, breeding areas and stopovers of migratory birds from zoology department of Punjab University. They asked me to assist them and I presented my services on nominal charges,’ crane explained him.
‘Charges! That left over food,’
‘No, he specially ordered a large fresh pizza just for me to meet my hyperphagia,’ crane held his tummy under its wings.
‘It’s not your headache to assist or help them. He is just using you. Our flocks were ready to depart. Have you ponder from your full tummy and empty brain that how we’re going to make our trip to east alone or you’ve decided to dress up yourself like humans to spend upcoming harsh winters, Mr. warm blooded fool…,’


NUMBERED PLASTIC BIRD RINGS AROUND LEG


‘Here it is for you, little Houbara,’ the girl came with numbered ring badge. It was made of plastic this time.
‘Hey, leave my wings,’
‘Hold on..hold on for a second…It’ll not pain or irritate you at all,’ she tied that badge on Houbara bustard's legs and brought him closer to her cheeks.
‘Have safe journey my cutie pie,’ Yong took houbara near the window.
‘Now you both are free to fly along your flock,’
‘Oh, I think she would say now we both are engaged and this ring is a token of my love where ever we live,’ crane seemed jealous.
‘We’ll meet soon in your way or at our destination. Now we’re monitoring you from transmitters attached to your legs with the help of different satellites.
http://fusionstor-ies.blogspot.com 

CODES ON RING TELL ABOUT BIRD'S CONDITION AND LOCATION

These changing numbers are codes which will keep us informed about your condition in the way like alive, sick or dead. Look, here you’re now,’ Zain set out the Google maps and other apps from Siberia on big screens of his computer and marked the date, time and starting location of those birds.
‘Oh, you’re alive,’ suddenly he laughed by checking at the number on its monitor.
‘Very funny,’ Houbara didn’t like his joke.
‘To observe your life patterns and migratory paths, I need these rings back guys. These will have the data of locations, islands, mountains you passed by. I hope you guys would cooperate,’ the boy opened the window.
‘Over my foot. We’ll never meet again,’ Houbara gulped hurriedly outside and made disastrous effort hard to get rid of that bird ring.
‘Ah, I just wish Yong ringed my leg…,’ crane checked its ring.
‘I’m telling you these humans are real magicians. I’m astonished how they managed such codes and numbers in such a small ring,’ crane closely observed its rig but flicked ups and down as he couldn’t fetch its balance.
‘Stop your circus, be hurry to lake,’ Houbara hurriedly fled to lake crossing the Populus


trees.  Just than a big flock of Mallards and pin shot birds crossed them over their heads.
Crane also followed Houbara. The day was bright. The sun was above the sky but cold ad rude. The calm and empty lake blew their fuse for instance.
‘The flocks of Siberian crane and houbara bustard have left one after another two hours ago,’ uncle goose informed them.
‘You can wait for day or two to join the next flocks,’ he was as calm as that shrill water in lake.
‘No, not at all, if we start at high speed then we can catch them,’ Crane went really anxious for his mother and little sister.
‘I thought they would wait for me,’ he continued.
‘They did but at last they had to depart with others,’ uncle goose told.

‘Then what do you say now?’ crane looked at Houbara.

‘Let’s fly my friend. I think we can make this. Let’s start to east crossing mighty mountains, hidden beautiful waterfalls, noisy coastlines and deep river deltas,’ Houbara tossed in high in the air.
The ring on their bodies’ shone a little…..



Advertisement