Advertisement

Saturday 27 November 2021

Why I don’t have a best friend in school- a poem by Saima Nadeem

         Why I don’t Have A Best Friend In School

 

Why I don’t have a best friend in school

Why I’m not very cool

Every group kicks out me

They say me an extra tool

No one shares what they talk

Only Whatsapp group buddies rule

I’m no one to partner me in the canteen

Sitting alone tears my soul

All-day I think on me

What I did that was foul

My all classmates seem blessed

For having friends to message LOL

I’m not bullied but feels abandon

When my favorites team up for toll

I share, care, and remain fair

Even then I’m not a part of the shoal

Twenty minutes of break

Feels like I’m out of hell

I just read research on it

Am I a nerd or looks like a fool?

I got to know a few answers

That opened my eyes to what is factual

I want a best friend of my type

The one who sings my choral

I like A but A is a friend of B

C sits beside me, it makes me howl

D is dumb, E is clever

I also have choices to hang on in school

All that glitters is not gold

My classmates also deal with a coal

Someone cries someone tackles

Not having a best friend is normal

There are good and bad days

Why make bad days your role model

Don’t let six hours of a school day

To ruin the rest eighteen like a vicious mole

Your goal is to pass with extinction

Don’t get depressed on an extra toil

You’ll also meet a best friend

It’s not necessary to have it in school

Don’t shy making mom a best friend

Remember she’s trusted, she’s cool

Never underrate yourself

Spend quality time with anyone is a moral

 

by  Saima Nadeem


Advertisement



Children especially the children in middle and high school find it difficult to make friends in school. Every child wants to have a like-minded best friend to whom he/she can share feelings but they are unable to make any. Some children want to be a part of class groups that comprise of smart or intelligent class fellows
but the group members do not let them in.

Many children feel depressed and search on the topics like why I don't have a best friend? why I'm nerd etc?

 
There can be many reasons behind that a child does not have a best friend. This poem focuses on the feelings of such children and in a light way tells the message that not having a best friend in class is not the end of this world.
 
It's normal and many around you facing the situation. You are lucky to explore much more company than any lucky(according to you) buddy. You are learning to face the world before leaping into practical life. 

This poem "Why I don't Have A Best Friend In School" is written for my adorable daughter in Grade 7 who faces the same problem as many of you facing. 
 

Advertisement