Advertisement

Thursday 25 October 2018

ITS BABY GIRL- LIFE WITHOUT SON|MY MOTHER NEVER LAUGHED-FUSION STORIES


‘Ah, another consecutive daughter! How unfortunate my son is? How will he bring them up and bear to marry them? Ah, my poor son,’ her grandmother was  mourning since two days after the birth of consecutive sixth daughter to his son.

    Why few seasons, scattered scenes, swear depression
my mother never laughed after giving birth to daughters
birth of consecutive daughters' depression, when no wazifa for son worked
and innocent regrets chase the life till end. Nabiha put her head at her mother’s lap and closed her eyes. The house was barren after the wedding function of her sixth sister, Bisma. She looked at her grey-haired mother doing tasbeeh with content face.
‘While or after giving birth to six consecutive daughters, she never saw her mother laughed and this thing always annoyed her since her childhood,’ she looked outside the window and then again gazed to her mother.

 ‘Did Shiza message after departing for Oman? I’m worried for her pregnancy. She is very weak and doesn’t care for herself. Don’t forget to call Bushra, she was looking worried at the function. Her husband is jobless again. All expenses are on her job now. I’ve left kabab and rolls for her in fridge. Have you called Bisma? Has she left for honeymoon? Her mother in law seemed unhappy on wedding.…,’ her mother paused from her tasbeeh.
 ‘How could she laugh?’ she thought.
        ‘Mama, do you remember the day when Bisma was born?’ she looked at her mother but she didn’t answer.


         ‘It was crying of a newborn baby girl, loud and shouts mourning of her grandmother and phupo or deep silence of her parents; what was annoying her? At age of 7, she didn’t know exactly but she was angry upon everyone around. A two room government quarter with a small backyard had nothing to eat in its small kitchen for her. Just a bulk of unwashed utensils was maddening her.
         She looked for her mother, who sat at one corner of charpai, holding her head. Her new born sister was crying badly, why? The overwhelming smell in the room was telling her story but her mother was just staring at her little brood with blank eyes. Her one and half year older sister Bushra was hardly standing near that charpai and was crying too but it seemed that her mother got deaf n dumb since the birth of her sixth daughter. Bushra looked for empty feeder, took it in her mouth n went to sleep at floor.
‘Why don’t anyone listen that I’m hungry,’ she forcefully pushed her mother. The barriers broke down the silence and sorrow rushed out of her mother’s eyes.

     ‘Why don’t you all die at the same time? Why doesn’t any flood take all of you with it? Why you all are girls to ruin my life?
http://fusionstor-ies.blogspot.com
 Why God doesn’t listen at me? Why Allah doesn’t bless me with a son?  Why? Why? Why?’ she still remembered how she got afraid of her mother’s mourning and ran outside but at side she felt anger against her for not attending her.

 ‘I hoped a lot this time. We went to another famous peer this time and tried very expensive herbalist too but all in vein. 
http://fusionstor-ies.blogspot.com
Neither any wazifa for son worked nor any medicine showed its polish again,’ her father was trying to console his disenchantment.
‘You don’t get worried my son. This woman has cursed our life. You remember your cousin Ibrahim, he got second son from his second marriage but you don't listen to me… Daily in news many women commit suicide, holding their daughters. I don’t know when we’ll get rid of her?’ Ask her to get up and look after its work,’ her dadu (grandmother) took an apple from her pillow and sliced it for her son. His father set disappointed at the birth of consecutive daughter but no one blamed or convicted him for this offense.   
Her mother never gave him good grades as husband but as father he deserved to get paramount position. He really loved and owned them in every circumstance. 
Little Nabiha looked at her father in hope to get a share of apple but he too was lost somewhere when dadu was feasting from plate. 
Nabiha was second consecutive daughter to her parents and this number went to six just in few years. She didn’t know why she was over sensitive and over demanding among all her sisters. on that day her 8 years old eldest sister Shiza was playing quietly with her 3rd and 4th sister at one corner of backyard. She had apathetic personality according to her as she never protested to anything appalling around her.


‘Why she was not protesting against these shouting ladies,’ she felt angry for her grandmother and aunt.

‘Why Baba is not asking about their homework? Who will wash my uniform? I’m hungry,’ She filched apple from the plate and ran away.


‘You creepy insect. Give that back,’ her phupo(sister of father) was yelling from back.
'This is my house. He's my father. You go away from here...,' she screamed hiding at back door.

‘Are you hungry?’ her mother curled her rough fingers softly in her hairs and spell of painful memories broke down. 
‘Off course I’m but why would you care for me like always? You just pray for your married daughters and I’m telling you I’m not going to kitchen,’ Nabiha complained.
‘I pray for you too, my girl. How can I forget how many times you fought for me, stand by me in time of need like son? You should marry now,’ her mother seemed gratified.

‘Tell me, don’t you remember the day when Bisma was born? The weather was same on that day,’ she again gazed at sun hardly breaching the foggy and shrill November.


‘Don’t you remember, how I lifted apple slices from dadu’s plate as I was hungry and Baba beat me after she incited Baba to do so and you beat me too when I demanded for more rice. I was furious that why you cooked so tasteless on that day. 
You know, I knew that you ate nothing on that day and no one asked you for it. All other were apathetic towards you including me?’ She confessed her innocent regret.
‘No, I don’t remember anything,’ her mother looked around at her big drawing room.
‘The journey was long, painful and depressing but destiny is so peaceful and blessed. My every daughter brought her fortune for us.  Look at this big house, car and above all contentment I have. 
I just regret that I couldn’t adore my daughters in their childhood as they deserved as babies. 
This world suppressed me, taunted me and blackmailed me for having consecutive daughters that I was not allowed to offer a loveable looks to my brood. Now look one after one my chirping sparrows left my nest. I couldn’t love my girls open hearted and wild like others as I didn’t had son and they don’t have brother but I loved you a lot. I loved you a lot. I tried my best.…,’ innocent regrets of her mother broke the barriers of eyes again.

                       ‘Please mama, you gave your best to us. Our education, our protection, our marriages and even now, only you have been our strength and our ideal. Mama,we know you were weak even then you shield us… ok… now give me a big smile,’ at last she decided to change the topic .

‘And don’t get worried, Shiza is reached Oman, Bisma is left for honeymoon and I know Bushra will come on dinner without invitation,’ she read messages from mobile.
‘Then Saliha and Kinza…,’


‘Mama please stops thinking about them.  I’ve asked for delivery from my favorite restaurant. I’ll not let my mother hungry today. Till then Baba will also come back from mosque. Now give me a big smile,’
‘I can’t…I can’t even I want to do so,’ her mother looked at silver lining of her daughter's hairs silent.

for more stories click and like

FUSION STORIES@facebook.com




  
  


Advertisement