Advertisement

Wednesday 26 June 2019

POLIO DROP MAKE BOYS STERILE OR BHANJ IN Pakistan? who is our real well wisher? fusionstories



It was a pleasant day, when we were having fun on our high school party, at Islamabad when I first saw him entering the gate with my best friend. He was looking so handsome and sober that I couldn’t spot a wooden walker (beshaki) under his one arm. It was shock to see such handsome 8 years young trying to make the way with one bent leg.  Many students gathered around him; some were mocking and few were sympathetic and very few were traumatized including me.


POLIO CAMPAIGNS IN PAKISTAN AND INFERTILITY
DOES POLIO DROPS MAKE BOYS STERILE OR BHANJ?



 ‘Isn’t he your youngest brother? What happened to him?’ I couldn't hold my shock.
‘He is one among lucky ones who left of being sterile (bhanj)! Now he is going to produce a dozen of kids if he survived till then,’ she smiled bitter (I didn’t guess for whom as she was gazing in sky).

‘What! Sterile…you mean Bhanj…he’s just a kid. You must be kidding. How come…,’ I cackled out of blue but then compose myself as she was still gazing at sky.
‘They knocked, they insisted, they threatened… but my mother kept us hidden far from anyone’s eyes. My father passed nasty comments on them…pushed them and warned them to get killed as our parents loved us a lot and they desired a hale and hearty future for us. They continued to approach again and again and my parents continued to resist…I’m still confused,

who is our actual well wisher…those polio workers in Pakistan, who walk in streets at life risks to immune or save our youth from polio virus or parents who hid their own children from them to let them fight the disability for life,’ she rubbed the wetness from her eyes.




‘Polio workers…well wisher!’ I still didn’t get her point.     

AN EVIDENCE TO SHOW THAT POLIO VACCINE CAUSE INFERTILITY IN BOYS IN PAKISTAN  






It was year 2000 when door to door free of cost proper polio vaccine or drops campaign started all over Pakistan so the child maximum with 5 years of age will be 24 years old at 2019. After completing their studies few of them may just married hardly two or three years before so there is not any data or proof is available against this misconception that how many children had polio drops and now after meeting at their marital status they’re not having babies and turn to be sterile boys as to control the population conspiracy theory. So there is no evidence or not a single case is reported to claim the myth that polio vaccine causes infertility. 


but there is data available at every forum which tells the decrease of affected children all over pakistan specially zero cases are reported in areas where people consciously care the polio campaigns.   

Wait a second and ponder for few seconds there is increase in number of that healthy kids who just are turning to fruitful persons for their country and families in recent years after getting these drops and happily have started their families.  They’re far better than the polio affected disable, infertile children in our country especially at areas where parents itself halt the polio campaigns and do not let these drops to reach their children.



 I was wondering the facts which I just read an article about polio drops and infertility myth in Pakistan, when my friend grasped my attention towards her. 

‘Everything was well with my brother till he was caught by severe fever few months back. We were hopeful to his early recovery when one day while blazing with fever we spotted a little bends at his left leg which jammed just in a day.
‘Did your son got polio drops till age of 5?’ doctor asked.
  ‘ Never, how could we let the agents of Jews and Christians to end our generation. Don’t you know, these drops cause infertility in boys,’ my father exclaimed with proud.
‘Secondly they came to disturb us again and again. Why anyone will medicate our children for free? I never let my children to inhale those hormonal drops,’ this time my mother added her irritation of regular polio campaigns.
‘Then he’s affected by a polio virus which causes paralysis of one leg for life. You should be thankful that polio has not affected his both legs and arms,’ doctor bombed us shocking news very calm.



From the day my father is visiting almost all consultants all over the country but there is no improvement. My burly little brother is disabled for life.’ Now she couldn’t resist crying while her brother set aside watching the other guys playing and running in ground. He tried to join them on a generous offer but then he came and at sat back as it was very aching for him.
‘Calm down…I believe he’ll be ok soon,’ I didn’t know latterly, how to console her.  
 ‘He held my hand in morning and desired to join me at my farewell as few months later of his fever he had to left the school. We’ve started him home schooling as because of polio virus his many body systems are malfunctioning one after one.  He is struggling hard with his disability. He wants to come back to normal but it’ll be a long and hard journey. Every pinch of my brother’s pain hit at my parent’s soul. Every second, they wish to twist the time backwards when they hid their children from polio workers and now they mourn. Now you tell me…who is our real well wisher…,’ she insisted again.
She was gloomy for her brother’s dreadful life but I was being little selfish by looking at that infected boy.

‘Ah…another carrier of polio virus in Pakistan and still folks here are not conscious of their kid’s future. Unluckily the feces or stool of these polio affected children after mingling with underground water can spread this virus throughout the area especially with poor sanitation and unclean drinking water facilities.
  My friend had to leave the party early as his brother was tired now. I just could wish that someday Pakistan can also eradicate this virus like rest of world.

Advertisement