Advertisement

Sunday 7 May 2023

Vivid Hearts - part 1- A story

Vivid Hearts

Part 1


 I'm Wenna and we just moved to the big busy city of Lanwa  from Ihay, cause my dad got a new job. They just got a new job and they said we have to move although me and my sister didn't want to. I have heard that the city of Lanwa is famous for its beautiful vivid birds which tend to be only seen in Lanwa, strange but interesting. The travel was pretty long it took 8 and a half hours by car. My little sister Ammo makes traveling more hard, it felt like an eternity with her. She just doesn't stop talking and asking stupid, unnecessary questions. 

As soon as we entered the land of Lanwa something seemed weird like something is different about this place. I had a weird feeling but I ignored it since I looked at Lanwa the first time in person, so it probably is normal.....

"New home sweet home," my Dad said unlocking the door of our new house. "Well let's look around and start unpacking". Me and Ammo were bumped out cause we liked where we lived before and knowing we'll have to start a new school tomorrow and we'll have to make friends all over again was just sad...

After unpacking and setting everything we sat for dinner.  We started talking about the Lanwa, when Dad said "Remember there's a curfew after 10:30 pm so no one is allowed to look or go outside the house".  Ammo said, "Wait what why, We can't even look"?? Dad said "No" "What about a little peak Dad". Dad still shook his head meaning no. I said, "Can you both look". "No there's not an age limit it's for everyone," Mom said. "WHY? That makes no sense". I said impatiently. "That's not important do what you're told to". My parents said. Now this makes this place weirder, well I had school tomorrow and was exhausted so I slept early anyways.

Even tho I was so exhausted I woke up early excited and nervous about school. I and Ammo went to separate schools and she is in Primary School so Dad drops her off so she is not going to have a problem finding it. On the other hand, I have to leave early and find it myself, unfortunately, we didn't have the time to tour or see it before. After getting ready I looked at myself in the mirror for the 11th time "I don't have the first day of school vibes but who's judging...." 

I went downstairs and was happy to see my favorite scramble eggs for breakfast. "Make sure to use the GPS and if you get lost call me. Be careful" Dad said "and most importantly have fun," Mom said. "I still have a bad feeling about this we should come with you it is your first day after all," Dad asked. "No no, I'll be fine". Taking your parents to school on the first day of high school is kinda embarrassing. "Gotta go I'm going to be late Thank you for the breakfast love y'all see you both soon". I hugged my parents to say farewell. "Your phones are fully charged right"?? Mom asked nervously. "Yup! And don't worry I'll be fine," I said. Before I looked at myself in the mirror on the 12th and said "Just making sure".

As soon as I went out something seemed weird again but I couldn't understand why... My school started at 9 am I left at 8 am so I can find it. I turned my GPS on and started walking. The city was huge, so I quickly got tired of looking. I  saw a park nearby and decided to rest their a while, I sat on a bench and started admiring the beauty around me. As much as this place is weird it was also beautiful. The birds were chirping and still, there was morning sunshine. I saw a group of beautiful vivid birds flying and chirping like they were talking to each other. They looked different I had never seen those kinds of birds. I guess they were right about Lanwa it's known for its beautiful birds. One bird even flew very fast above my head. It was so pretty, I wasn't able to see it properly but it looked like it had a rainbow on its head which is strange, the wings were also rainbow and the feathers on the body were blue. I saw that they flew towards the top of a tree I thought they were gonna sit there but they all disappeared as soon as they went close to the tree. Now this was extremely weird.  I noticed that the tree where the birds disappeared was unbelievably tall and had some colorful leaves at the very top hidden underneath green normal leaves and it was not only that tree there were many more & maybe that's why Lanwa looks weird & different.......

Advertisement