Advertisement

Thursday 11 October 2018

SALEEM TO JAHANGIR, MARRIAGES, SONS, EMPERORS ARE DISLOYAL CREATURE|EP 3: Love at Lahore Fort



‘Ba Adab, Ba Mulaiza hoshiar ‘the world seizer’ ‘the Master of conquerors’ Shansha e Hindustan Badsha salaamat Jahangir and Malika Aliya Nur Jahan are arriving at Lahore Fort.’
PRINCE SALEEM TO KING JAHANGIR AT LAHORE FORT AT 17TH CENTURY


 A horse cart appeared on wide paved red brick road towards high and sturdy walls of Lahore fort and stayed across Akbari gate.
  ‘Though, the Mughal capital has shifted to Agra from Lahore. Ah, Agra, Delhi, Kashmir wherever I go; the air at Lahore and Ravi chases me and compels me back here. I feel homesick without Lahore,’ King Jahangir expressed his feelings to his senior minister Balban who was there to welcome them.
PRINCE SALEEM, A VOTIVE (manat mana hua) SON OF KING AKBAR
‘Prince Saleem, the eldest son of king Akbar whom he taken by vows at graves of pious men like Saleem Chistee(R.A). These wide gardens, fountains and balconies of Lahore fort still remember the fair colored fuming young prince Saleem with sharp eyes and long black hair; up in arms but a romantic teenager. The air at Lahore fort still whispers about prince Saleem who came here from Fatehpur Sikri; chased butterflies, sniped pigeons, racing his favorite horses, playing chess and enjoyed parties, free of worries.

Also click to reveal: FALL OF DELHI



ACHIEVEMENTS AND REGRETS OF KING JAHANGIR
Now Saleem is a conqueror King Jahangir against raja of Kangra, Ohems, Portaguees, British and Deccan. How time flies,’ Balban followed the king Jahangir towards diwan e aam.
‘The way to throne from Prince Saleem to King Jahangir was full of thorns, my dear. That slipshod prince Saleem lost somewhere in castle conspiracies and hardships of this life. The vestiges of dead are distributed equally among the heirs in whole world but unfortunately every prince had to fight and kill against his own blood to put on his survival and remnants of his father.
 The walls of Lahore fort would testify Jahangir’s labors against his 5 brothers and even against his heroic father King Akbar to get this empire at the age of 36,’ Emperor Jahangir paused and gazed around.
EMPERORS ARE MOST DISLOYAL AND CRUEL CREATURE ON EARTH 
‘You’re a murderer. You killed my son, my prince Khusro. You left him at the hands of Prince Khuram. He pricked hot iron bars at my beloved’s eyes and then ….  I owe you when you were only 15, I loved you, and I gave you first heir. The walls of forts don’t raised high to prevent from enemies but to conceal the stories of disloyalty against women and to bury the anecdotes of brutality against fathers, brothers and sons,’ Just then a woman in rags with dusty poor hair caught up there with broken chains.
‘Shah Begum,’ Jahangir saw her after years. His first wife was now a round the bend body in this fort.

saleem to jahangir, sons and marriges
piercing hot iron bar into eyes by mughal prince to his brother
‘I’m Maan Bai. I hate any title given by you. I plead for your unrest until you take breath. I plead for your obnoxious end. Ah my khusro, what a beautiful voice he had? What a magnificent dancer he was? My khusroo….
‘How she approached here?’ Nur Jahan yelled on Balban.
Few men instantly came forward and pulled her at side.
ALSO CLICK TO REVEAL: GIRLS OF 21ST CENTURY



SHAH BEGUM AND NUR JAHAN
‘Don’t play impudent, Nur Jahan. This fort is much spacious to lap the 20th wife of Sheiku Baba. You’ll be here soon crying and waiting to die. Emperors and princes have been the most malicious and heartless creature on earth…,’
They could hear at her yelling from far.  King Jahangir took out opium from his pocket, inhaled it and tottered with weakness.


        ‘Don’t take it to your nerves, Meray Huzoor. Now I’m with you at every step to wipe the thrones from your way,’ Nur Jahan was a beautiful, sharp lady. She came closer to Jahangir and held his hands.
‘Prince khusro cut what he sown. King Jahangir is known for his veracity norms, religious practices and for his artistic revelation throughout empire. Who can compare your bell of justice, meray huzoor? You just take care…,’
‘Who set her free?’ they reached diwan e aam.
JAGAT GHOSAIN
Emperor jahangir's wives, Jagat Gohsain,Nur Jahan and Shah Begum 
‘Malika Jagat Ghosain, the mother of prince khuram. She is not happy at your arrival,’ Balban explained to Nur Jahan.
‘Oh, how hardly I and Mumtaz Mahal get rid of her in Agra and sent him at Lahore but she is still in the game. Interesting!’


    PRINCE Sharyar, NUR JAHN AND LADLI BEGUM
prince shahryar, lahore fort

Just then Prince Sharyar entered Diwan e Aam. ‘Welcome, Aba huzoor. These white horses are little gratitude from me for Queen Nur Jahan and her daughter Ladli Begum. I hope they would like it,’ Prince Sharyar kissed Jahangir’s hands staring at Nur Jahan’s tan colored, fat and unattractive daughter Ladli Begum.
‘I just hope, she would be intelligent like her mother at least,’ Sharyar sighed.
‘Irravati, look at prince Sharyar. How much handsome is he? He is also staring at me,’ Ladli begum excitedly murmured to her friend.

‘Umm…I just wish I could be at your place. I would be princess too… I’ll…I can…queen…,’ Irravati thought and peeped at prince Sharyar.
‘My love, my son Prince Sharyar, a reflection of mine! I’m happy that you’re managing this side of sultanate astutely. Soon you’ll also be part of expeditions like your elder brother Prince Khuram (later king Shah Jahan), who is brilliantly fighting at Ahmed Nagar. How are you Murad? I hope both friends are having good times,’ King Jahangir greeted his youngest son and his best friend, the son of senior minister Balban.

‘I’m good, Alam panah,’ Murad’s eyes slipped at the beautiful girl stood active behind Nur Jahan. He got spell bound for instance but the girl was totally  lost staring at Sharyar.
‘You all take some rest then we’ll meet at lunch,’ prince Sharyar smirked to guests.
I'M IRRAVATI
Murad was looking at the arrangements when he saw her again roaming in the private lobbies of Prince Sharyar. She was peeping behind doors that she didn’t realize the edge of water channel at Lahore fort from Ravi.  She slipped, splashed and started to scream. Murad ran there and pulled her.
‘Are you ok?’ she opened her eyes terrified and saw a muscular young boy bowed upon her. She got up with jerk.
‘Yes, I’m. You saved my life. Thank you,’ she squeezed water out of her dupatta and ran forward.
‘Listen, please, what’s your name?’ Murad asked eagerly from behind.
‘Irravati,’ she turned back. The water was making its way from her hairs crossing her white ice cheeks towards her neckline. Prince Sharyar came out of his room after hearing at clatter outside…
TO BE CONTINUED
disclaimer: all images and characters of story are imaginary. any resemblance would be coincidental.

Advertisement